Sunday, January 11, 2009

Trying to Find a Java Graphics Package

In my Monte Carlo Localization project, it would be ideal if I could draw 2D histograms on the Graphics User Interface of the particles, which represent an approximation of the probability distribution function of the location of the robot. At present, I have a 2D plot of the position of the particles.

Because drawing 3D graphs is a bit beyond the scope of my project, I really don't want to implement this functionality from scratch. Does anyone know of any pre-built java code that supports this kind of display?

I have tried google, but there seems to be many choices. I'm looking for a specific recommendation please of one that works better than the others. If you should have a recommendation, please send it to adcaine@gmail.com.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Juan Antonio BreƱa Moral said...

Hi Allan, do you know this project?
http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/

Cheers